Don't Trust Loral Langemeir and the Millionaire Maker

>> Thursday, March 4, 2010

I had a short but sweet experience with Loral Langemeir that I thought I would share. I listened to her radio program one Saturday where she talked about calling her number to get her free book. It is funny how all of these radio show programs always say, "Just call and we will send you a free book", but never mention that they will pressure you into something else. The whole purpose of sending you a free book is not to help you, but to get you to sign up with their program where you have 30 days to cancel. I hate programs that give you 30 days to cancel because you always get the person asking you, “Why are you canceling?” The salesperson on the phone was pressuring me into signing up for the $60-70 per month program where you will get access to all these resources to make you rich. I didn't fall for that and kept telling the guy that I only wanted the free book. Finally, after all the pressure, the guy said he will send me the free book, but of course, it cost $10.00 for shipping and handling. I really wouldn't call a book free if it cost $10.00 for shipping and handling. So, I figured I got my free book and wouldn't hear from Loral Langemeir again. About a month and a half, I get another call from Loral Langemeir because I now qualified for a free strategy session. By the way, I never received the book. So this guy was asking me a lot of personal financial questions which I was hesitant to answer. First, I was at work and didn’t want to be talking about my financial situations with everyone listening. Secondly, I didn’t really trust this guy. There were a couple of things that gave me a red flag. I told him that I was renting, and he immediately said, “So you are losing money by renting?” In my opinion, that gave me the notion that this guy has no idea what he was talking about. He doesn’t know me well enough to know what my reasons are for renting. First off, there are many good reasons to rent. Isn’t paying thousands of dollars in interest to a bank renting? Who really owns your house, your Bank! In this economy it might be good to rent where houses really aren’t going up in value like they use to and where the housing market still might drop in value. Also, I like where I live. Another reason to rent is for short term. Purchasing a house and then selling a house is very costly. When you purchase the house, you have to pay closing cost, and selling a house you end up paying money to the real estate agent. Another reason why a person rents is because they aren’t responsible for their house. I had to get an air-conditioning unit replaced and guess who paid for it, my landlord. So it actually quite annoyed to me that this expert would jump to a conclusion that I am losing a lot of money from renting. Of course, there are many reasons to buy too. So, I told the guy I didn’t know much about Loral and wanted to read about her before I talked with him. He told me he will call me next week. One of his big selling points was that she was the expert for Doctor Phil. That really didn’t impress me. Isn’t Doctor Phil already rich? So, after researching about Loral with the word scam after her name, I read a lot of articles about issues people had with her program. Some people have invested thousands of dollars into her program with no success. So, I would warn anybody thinking about getting involved with her to be wary. Do your research before deciding to invest thousands of dollars to get rich. Like many people say, getting rich isn’t as easy as these people make it out to be. Investing in real estate has a steep learning curve, and it isn't as easy as some people make it out to be. Luckily, I have only invested ten dollars for a book I never received.

1 comments:

Karen November 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

Please do not contact this Loral Langmeir-not for her "free" book or anything else. They charged my credit card $201 without my permission. It is a scam. It is theft. "Kevin" who claims to be the top official under Loral Langemweir (what, a grizzley thought) called me a liar and told me they have a contact with me--I hope to find someone who will prosecute them for this.

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP